To deliver the highest quality educational experience where global citizens are born through advanced rigor, engaging teaching methods, and a passionate climate and culture.
T-STEM Academies at La Joya Independent School District will empower students to think critically, reflectively and apply their knowledge and skills to a greater context. T-STEM students will experience rigorous, relevant, and hands-on learning opportunities that will provide them with a unique education. Students will receive project-based instruction via a highly integrated curriculum. T-STEM students will develop relationships with the school community, higher education, technical, and business partners.
Academy Scholar’s Creed
1. Instruction is focused around a career choice.
2. Small learning environment.
3. Hands-on experience.
4. Students meet with professionals in their career pathway.
5. Opportunities for job shadowing.
6. Internships in field of study.
7. Rigorous courses prepare students for work in their field of interest.
8. Earn industry certification/s.
9. Graduate with college credits.
10. Learn with peers who have similar interests.
215 W. Expressway 83
La Joya, TX 78560
1. Commit to complete the Academy Pathway requirements for graduation.
2. Maintain good academic standing and good behavior.
3. Complete a mandatory Capstone Project upon graduation.