Guidance & Counseling
The mission of the La Joya ISD Guidance & Counseling Program is to foster the holistic growth of all students through a comprehensive Guidance and Counseling curriculum which addresses academic achievement, career, personal and social development. We will promote a desire for post-secondary education in which all students challenge themselves to reach their full potential and where students will be empowered with a sense of responsibility to become contributing members of society.
La Joya ISD School Counselors are:
- Professionals with Master’s Degrees in School Counseling
- Professionals with Teaching Certificates
- Professionals with a minimum of 3 Years Teaching Experience.
La Joya ISD School Counseling Programs Teach:
- Effective learning in school and across the lifespan.
- Academic preparation for post-secondary options.
- Relationship of academics to work, family and community life.
Personal and Social Development
- Interpersonal skills to respect self and others.
- Decision making, setting goals and taking actions to achieve goals.
- Understanding everyday safety and survival skills.
- Investigate the world of work to make informed decisions.
- Strategies to achieve future career goals.
- Relationship to personal qualities, education, training and the world of work.
200 W. Expressway 83
La Joya, TX 78560